Group Volunteer Opportunities at a Glance
- Build and rehabilitate decent, affordable homes in McHenry County
- Group size: 10-16 volunteers
- Opportunities Available: April-October
- Workday: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
A Brush with Kindness
- Assist low-income homeowners with painting, landscaping and repairs
- Group size: up to 25 volunteers
- Opportunities Available: Year-round on Saturdays
- Workday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sort donations, take inventory, assist customers and arrange merchandise at our discount building materials outlet. Proceeds benefit HFHMC.
- Group size: up to 25 volunteers
- Opportunities Available: Year-round, weekdays & Saturdays
- Workday: minimum three-hour shift between 9:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Corporate Partners – Businesses that partner with Habitat for Humanity of McHenry County are helping to eliminate poverty housing and build a stronger community. They commit money and volunteers to help build, repair and rehab homes alongside hard-working, low-income families. Our business partners enjoy great team-building volunteer opportunities for employees, public recognition and promotion of their commitment to Habitat, and positive attention in the communities where their customers and employees live. Contact us for details!
Faith Community – Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical Christian ministry. We are called by our faith in God to serve families in need with generosity, humility and love. God’s love extends to all people, which is why we build homes with and for people of all races, faiths and backgrounds. We also welcome people of all faith backgrounds and beliefs to join us in our common goal of eliminating poverty housing.
Many resources are needed to create and preserve affordable housing, including partner families, land, money, materials and volunteers. There are many ways your congregation or faith community can partner with us. They include:
- Organizing volunteers to work on Habitat sites or at the Habitat ReStore
- Donating funds to support Habitat projects
- Advocating in favor of affordable housing
- Hosting a donation drive to collect items for the Habitat ReStore.
Please contact us to explore how we can put your faith in action!
Youth & Education Partners- Habitat for Humanity recognizes the unique role that youth and education groups play in our mission. We welcome the energy and enthusiasm that youth can provide to our programs. Our goal is to provide special opportunities for youth to become educated about affordable housing while they volunteer with us. We want them to build self-esteem, learn new skills, receive hands-on job training, and develop a life-long spirit of service. Contact us to get your youth group involved with Habitat for Humanity of McHenry County!
Sponsor a House– Contact us to learn how you can make a financial commitment toward the construction or preservation of a home.
Sponsorship levels and the recognition benefits of our two major programs are detailed below:
Preserve a Home Sponsorship: A Brush with Kindness
This sponsorship details the financial commitment made toward the preservation of an affordable home through our A Brush with Kindness program.
Individuals or organizations interested in sponsoring multiple A Brush with Kindness home preservation projects will receive additional recognition benefits.
Home Building Program Sponsorship
The following sponsorship levels reflect the financial commitment made toward the construction of an individual home:
Habitat for Humanity of McHenry County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit agency recognized by the IRS.